Pages

Thursday, 4 August 2011

Damped Wave

A device for converting capacitor discharges; Damped wave

Tesla:
A device for converting capacitor discharges; Damped wave
I realized that I was a huge benefit-break wave at its peak. If I used a custom chopper, he would interrupt the current indiscriminately as low, and the high part of the wave. I had two forms of this system: first, where I ran interrupt directly from the shaft dynamo, and the other in which I ran it through isochronous engine. Then, the movement of these contacts (KK), I have sought to exact match the time of contact so that it occurred precisely at the peak of the wave. This is - a form of interruption, which is included now in the hundreds of patents and now widely used.


Tesla:
Yes, but with a different type of circuit, I would certainly have got it. The advantage of this device was a power failure in a short period of time, and therefore could increase power, and with this scheme, I met all those wonderful experiments which reprinted from time to time in the technical articles. I had to clean up
energy of the chain in terms of hundreds or thousands of horsepower. In Colorado, I reached the power 18 million HP and always - this device: energy accumulated in the capacitor and discharged in the shortest period of time. You could not do it
continuous wave. Zadempfirovannaya wave is advantageous because it allows you to 1 kilowatt generator, capacity of 2,000, 3,000, 4,000, or 5,000 kilowatts; because If you have a continuous or undamped wave, 1 kilowatt gives you the opportunity to a wave of 1 kilowatt or more. This is the reason that the scheme
arrester with iskrogasyaschim became popular.
I perfected it so that I was able to pick up energy from the engine spending their driving force (can be translated as rotation). For example, if there is engine to 200 hp, I gather the energy for one minute at 5,000 or 6.000 hp charge of the energy capacitor and discharge it well, but at a level of several million hp These remarkable effects were reproduced exactly. The condenser is the most wonderful Toy, as I noted in their reports because it allows us to get more power than even the explosives. There is no limit of energy that can be obtained from the capacitor, Unlike explosives that have a limit to the energy.
The usual experiment, for example, in my laboratory on Houston Street: pass through coil energy at a rate of several thousand horsepower, put a piece of thick foil on a stick and bring it to the coil. Foil melted, and not only survive but how would evaporate, while still in its form and the whole process took place in such a short interval
time that he was like a cannon shot. As soon as I put it in the coil - the explosion occurred. This experience struck me. This is very simply showed the power of the capacitor, and while I have been so reckless, that in order to demonstrate my visitors that my theories were correct - I stuck my head in the coil, and escaped unhurt, although the Now I do not have repeated it.
We did, of course, but in most cases intrument reception was different. When I worked with a continuous or undamped waves generated in such a way - I usually went to the high frequency range. I also worked with a frequency several thousand, but at the outlet then receive less. In order to receive capacity-the machine must operate at frequencies of short range.

Counsel:
What does it mean for you-frequency short-range?

Tesla:
I mean frequency of 30,000, 40,000, 50,000, or thereabouts.

Counsel:
I understood very little of your application - some time ago, when you have reported the use of several thousand horsepower to charge a capacitor and receiving million hp when it is discharged. I'd be very surprised if you got the same thing on this machine.

Tesla:
Yes, I loaded capacitor 40.000 volts. When it was fully charged, I discharged it immediately, through a short circuit, which gave me a scale of very fast oscillations. Suppose that I charge the capacitor 10 watts. For such a wave the energy flow will be (4 X 104) 2, and this, multiplied by the rate of 100,000. You see, so you can get thousands of or millions of HP

Counsel:
I would like to clarify: it depended on surprise (fast) discharge?

Tesla:
Yes. It is - simply an electrical analog of copra, or hammer. You accumulate the energy from by the distance traveled and then you release it with a huge surprise (Speed). Distance, which overcomes low-mass, so the pressure turns out great.

Counsel:
You thought it was the best condition for the transfer of energy without the use of wires?

Tesla:
No, I have not used this method for the transfer of energy. I used it only for get effects, because of which I was called a magician. If I had used simply undamped waves, I would like some electrician.

Tesla:
This coil, which I subsequently repeatedly pointed out in his patent: 645.576 and 649.621, in the form of a spiral, was, as you see, was previously made into a cone shape. The idea was to place the coil in relation to a primary, so that inductive coupling to get away, but now it is called a free bond, but free - in order to obtain a large Resonant amplification. Like I said, It was the first simple step towards the evolution of the invention, which I call "Amplifying transmitter." This means that the chain - with a huge electromagnetic driving force and low damping factor - is grounded and connected to antenna, and with the defining conditions that can occur in the chain a huge accumulation of electrical energy.

Counsel:
Mr. Tesla, here will explain: what do you call an electromagnetic driving force (Momentum)?

Tesla:
This means that you must have a momentum in the chain. You need to have a large self-induction in order to accomplish two things: first, the relatively low frequency, which will reduce the emission of electromagnetic waves in a relatively small size, and secondly, a large resonance effect. Unable to get
in the antenna, for example, once a large capacity and small self-induction. Most capacitance and inductance small - very poor type of circuit that can be created; it gives the same low resonance effect. That was the reason that in my experiments in Colorado energy was 1,000 times greater than in the present antennas.

Counsel:
You say that energy was 1,000 times greater. You want to say that the tension was raised, or - the current, or - both?

Tesla:
Yes [both]. For greater clarity, I take a very large self-inductance and a relatively small capacity, and link them so that electricity can not penetrate (Radiated). I am so getting a low frequency, but, as you know electromagnetic radiation is proportional to the square root of capacity, divided on self-induction. I do not let the energy go, I accumulate in the chain
great energy. When it received a high voltage, then if I want to get electromagnetic waves, and I'm doing a (radiating), but I prefer to reduce these wave number and pass current to the ground, because the energy of electromagnetic waves not recoverable, whereas the current from the land can be fully recovered (return), we how to load the elastic energy in the system.

Counsel:
What kind of flexible system, you say?

Tesla:
I mean, if you pass a current in the circuit with a large self-induction, and no radiation does not occur, and you have at this low resistance - there is no possibility this energy is radiated into space, therefore, pulses - are cumulative.

Counsel:
Let's see if I understood you correctly. If you have radiation or electromagnetic waves emanating from your system, the energy - has been lost?

Tesla:
permanently lost. In my circuit, where you can get well and electromagnetic waves - 90 percent of electromagnetic waves if you like, and 10 percent in the form of current, which passes through the earth. Or, you can deploy process and receive 10 percent of the energy in electromagnetic waves and 90 percent in energy current that passes through the earth. You see - a device developed of me made a huge difference in potential and currents in antennnoy chain. These requirements must be met and always matter: Are you feeding the energy of the current-current or electromagnetic waves. Do you want to a high voltage and large accumulation of vibrational energy - and to You can also calibrate this vibrational energy. Relevant design and proper choice of wavelengths you can do so to obtain, for example, 5 percent in these electromagnetic waves and 95 percent-in the current that passes through ground. This - what I do. Or you can get, as these radio men, 95 percent the energy of electromagnetic waves and only 5 percent of the energy-supply. . . . Unit suitable for both methods. I was producing radiation in his scheme, I suppress electromagnetic waves. . . . In my system - you should otbrost the idea that radiation is that energy is radiated. The energy is not emitted, and-maintained. . . .

Counsel:
Excuse me for interrupting you again. Recently, you talked about getting all the transmitted You on your energy-receiving station - using this method. I do not understand how a You got it.

Tesla:
Well, I'll explain it.
In my first attempts, I, of course, just thinking about how to effectively initiate ground with such force that the instruments were able to earn. You know very well that before learning to fly, you must first learn to walk. Since I have improved my unit, then clearly that I can return the bulk of the energy that goes on ground in all directions, for the simple reason that the system I developed as soon as the current falls to the ground, he can not leave it because transmission rate was low, hence, electro-magnetic radiation has also been low. Potential, electric potential - behaves like a temperature. We could call-electric potential temperature. The Earth is a huge body. Potential difference on the ground are small, the radiation is very small. Consequently, If I bring her to the ground current, load current energy there as electromagnetic driving force and vibration is not absorbed as long as I am not placed at a distance receiver, it will begin to produce energy and the energy will only go to that point and nowhere more.

Counsel:
And I think that these methods appear in your mind as the methods for obtaining undamped oscillations. It seems that you have said before that you really used these methods in Colorado and received a continuous generation.

Tesla:
Yes

Counsel:
Which method you use there [in Colorado]: a spark? - The arc? - Or that the method you used for the continuous generation?

Tesla:
The method was this: I have been current in the 550 - volt, which I loaded capacitors. These capacitor discharged through a primary in the form of an arc, sometimes I introduced in this arc mechanical chopper, which produced several thousand interrupts per second. And I got absolutely continuous wave packet in such a way as described in my patents.
The reason that I show here the capacitor [Fig. 83] - it is synonymous with undamped waves (ie, concepts: a capacitor and cascading waves are synonyms). If I showed the entire instrument to be the same as posted there, then I could still damped wave, but if I use the alternator or anything else get the energy for this capacitor, then the capacitor is usually worth it. For example, if I use an alternator, I shunt it to the terminals capacitor in order to increase the current in a primary. Then I set up this circuit on alternator, and increases the current in a primary, respectively, the coefficient inductance with respect to resistance. Therefore, this capacitor is here for any of the methods and means simply (and obviously from the description in the patent), which This system-damped waves as high peaks of the building may not be obtained in another way. Whenever I want to get the highest potential, I must comply with these rules in order to make the potential to grow up to this magnitude.

1 comment: